Administrative formalities : Visa and CVEC

VISA Procedure

If you need a student visa during your stay in France, KEDGE will only validate your school registration file and issue your student ID Card after receiving a copy of your French visa.
To get your French visa you may need

Note that if you need a certificate with a specific address on it, you need to book a housing first and then send your request with your booking receipt

As soon as you get your French visa, please log back on Campus Virtuel and upload a copy of your French student visa under the following section : My Netfile > My downloads > My Uploads.

NB:  a workshop dedicated to visa matters will take place during the orientation session

Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus (CVEC)

This contribution is compulsory for any person studying in France (except for exchange students). It aims is to improve student’s life conditions by organizing events, supporting them in social or medical issues etc….
It costs 91€ per academic year (September-January.)

You can pay it online on the following website

It is a very quick process:

  1. Create an account
  2. Choose the city you will be studying in
  3. Pay the fee
  4. Receive your CVEC certificate and upload it on your Campus Virtuel

You can download a tutorial explaining how to pay the CVEC here.

Health insurance (CPAM)

By law, all students coming to study in France for 3 months or more are required to register for the French Student Health insurance. This registration must be done on

  • European citizen: you must provide a European Health Insurance Card
  • Students from Québec: you must provide your signed and stamped SE-401-Q-106 form
  • Students coming for less than 3 months: will have to give a proof of private health insurance coverage upon their arrival in order to be admitted in classes and be given their Student ID card.

You can download a dedicated tutorial to register for French Health Insurance (CPAM) upon your arrival here

Housing Insurance (Mandatory)

Upon arrival, all tenants are legally required to buy an insurance for their room/apartment (against flooding, fire or natural disaster as well as theft).

This document is necessary to check-in at most residences and landlords on the first day to get your keys.

Do not hesitate to contact our housing advisor for advice:


  • Public transportation: go to
  • Bank: you will be able to open a French Bank account with the student association Interact upon your arrival.
  • Phone/ internet subscriptions: Interact will guide you upon the orientation session

Contact us


Caroline Guilloux

Housing Advisor - Student Services

+33 (0)5 56 84 63 26

Download files

CVEC 2019-2020 TUTORIAL (PDF - 1.8 MB) Tutorial Registration French Health Insurance (PDF - 1.1 MB)
Back to top