If you need a student visa during your stay in France, KEDGE will only validate your school registration file and issue your student ID after receiving a copy of your French visa.
To get your French visa you may need
- an acceptance letter (admission certificate): it will be available in the registration form (usually page 11) that you will receive from email@example.com once you have been accepted.
- a Housing Certificate: contact our housing advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that if you need a certificate with a specific address on it, you need to book a housing first and then send your request with your booking receipt
As soon as you get your French visa, please log back on Campus Virtuel and upload a copy of your French student visa under the following section: Administrative Information > Submit your documents.
NB: a workshop dedicated to visa matters will take place during the orientation session
Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus (CVEC)
This contribution is compulsory for any person studying in France (except for exchange students). Its aim is to improve student’s life conditions by organizing events, supporting them in social or medical issues etc….
It costs 92€ per academic year (September-January.)
You can pay it online on the following this link.
It is a quick process:
- Create an account
- Choose the city you will be studying in
- Pay the fee
- Receive your CVEC certificate and upload it on your Campus Virtuel
You can download a tutorial explaining how to pay the CVEC here at the bottom of this page.
Health insurance (CPAM)
By law, all students coming to study in France for 3 months or more are required to register for the French Student Health insurance. This registration must be done on https://etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr/#/
- European citizens: you must provide a European Health Insurance Card
- Students from Québec: you must provide your signed and stamped SE-401-Q-106 form
- Students coming for less than 3 months: you will have to provide a proof of private health insurance coverage upon your arrival in order to be admitted in classes and be given your Student ID card.
You can download a dedicated tutorial to register for French Health Insurance (CPAM) upon your arrival at the bottom of this page.
Housing Insurance (Mandatory)
Upon arrival, all tenants are legally required to buy an insurance for their room/apartment (against flooding, fire or natural disaster as well as theft).
This document is necessary to check-in at most residences and landlords on the first day to get your keys.
Do not hesitate to contact our housing advisor for advice: email@example.com
- Public transportation: go to https://www.infotbm.com/en
- Bank: you will be able to open a French Bank account with the student association Interact upon your arrival.
- Phone/ internet subscriptions: Melting Potes will guide you upon the orientation session
Housing Advisor - Student Services
+33 (0)5 56 84 63 26